Telemedicine Can Help You During This Pandemic
There are 26 bones in the foot, and lots of ligaments, and muscles. Its hard to know what it is that hurts you. Is your red rash an infection ? Or is it a flare of eczema, or a drug reaction ? One normally would call the office and come in for an appointment. But WE WANT YOU TO STAY HOME AND FLATTEN THE CURVE. You still may need to come to the office but only after we virtually evaluate you and speak to you – via your smartphone. But we can do a lot without having you physically in the office.
Telemedicine appointments with Dr. Joel Morse of Foxhall Podiatry Associates.
Telemedicine is a great option for those who need HELP with a foot condition, but either can’t or shouldn’t make a physical trip to the office.
- Foot Conditions:
- Skin and Nail Infections
- Foot and Leg Pain
- Foot and Leg Swelling
- Cold, Numb Feet
- Sores on Feet and Legs
- Injury to Foot and Ankle
- And More
- These appointments are covered by insurance (including Medicare), and communications as of March 23, 2020 are not yet secured using end-to-end encryption but are fully HIPAA compliant.
Interested? Just complete the adjacent form to request your virtual appointment! Our team will follow up shortly to book a time and provide any additional instructions you may require.
What You’ll Need
In order to have a successful telemedicine appointment, you’ll need:
EITHER ONE OF THESE:
SMARTPHONE ( iPhone 📱 or iPad or Android phone) WHERE YOU WILL USE FACETIME OR SKYPE TO VIDEO CHAT WITH DOCTOR
DESKTOP/ LAPTOP COMPUTER 🖥 💻 WITH VIDEO CAPABILITY. For this you will need:
A free account with Zoom (click here to sign up)
A device capable of making and receiving video calls (Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS all supported)
- An internet connection
We also recommend:
- A comfortable, private, well-lit location
- At least one close family member or friend in the room with you to provide assistance and take notes
What Kinds of Examinations Can Be Performed Online?
- Initial consult for the doctor to make a visual examination of an infection, skin condition, injury, deformity, or other noticeable foot or ankle problem.
- Follow-up appointment after surgery, wound care, ingrown toenail treatment, etc.
- Discussion with the doctor about home care treatments or instructions.
- Coordinated appointment with a home health nurse, physical therapist, occupational therapist, or other medical professional.
If you aren’t sure whether or not your appointment can be conducted successfully over the internet, just give our office a call and we’ll be glad to help you.
Telemedicine Covered By All Insurances
As of March 2019, telemedicine appointments are now fully covered by all insurances (including Medicare) with no copay, and many plans are waiving the deductible as well. We will schedule the appointment and bill your insurance as normal.
There is no cost to create a Zoom account or download the necessary software to conduct the appointment.
If Insurance Does Not Cover What Does This Service Cost?
The cost per session depends on the time allocated for the appointment and is very similar to what we charge for a similar in-office appointment.
- 15-minute consult: $75
- 30-minute consult: $95